God tells His people to be fruitful and multiply. (Gen 35:11; Matt 28:18-20). God desires to fill us with His Spirit so that the fruit of love, peace and joy will spread in our community and nation. We can invest our lives in two ways; giving our time with people to disciple them or giving money to support disciple makers who have a proven record of fruitfulness.
Who did you meet with this past week and what promises and commands in God’s Word are you helping them to believe and obey?
How are you investing your time in training others to live for eternity?
And we should not only lead people to become Christians, but also to become a successful “trainer,” training others. In this way you can rapidly spread the Gospel message. (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Investing in your family by loving your spouse and parenting your children in the ways of the Lord (Deut. 6:5-9. Ephesians 5:21-6:4)
- Men investing in other believing men & women in women; start a disciple D-Group of 3-5 people. (Eccl. 4:9-12, James 5:16, Heb. 3:13)
- Every Christian starting new groups, sharing the gospel with his neighbors. God will greatly bless and use his life. (Acts 2:46-47)
We are called to lead everyone in our oikos (sphere of influence) to live under the reign of Jesus our King. Everyone is either a believer or an unbeliever.
Every believer needs encouragement and training to live the Spirit filled life so that the Spirit can begin to do the works that Jesus was doing through them; sowing the gospel and making disciples of men and women. (John 14:12-15)
Every unbeliever needs the opportunity to hear the gospel message. No one can come to faith in God unless God is at work in the person’s life to convict and draw him or her. (John 6:44, John 16:8) The way we discover where God is working in people’s lives is by sharing the gospel. Those that are being convicted and drawn by God will respond with interest and questions.
• Red Light - not interested, the Spirit is not drawing them.
• Yellow Light – may be interested; make an appointment to talk again
• Green Light – ready to receive the gospel
How much time are you investing in sharing the gospel and disciple making?
How can you adjust be more available to be used by the Lord?
How are you investing your resources for eternal rewards?
What does it mean to be a living sacrifice? Romans 12:1-2
Sacrifice means we give up something that is ours and offer it to God for Him to use. God wants to take our lives, indwell us by His Spirit, and live out the life of Jesus through us to teach other and be generous to help others.
Offering ourselves to serve and give is worship to God; a living sacrifice of the whole person, life offering, time offering, and financial offering.
- Everything belongs to God and we are stewards of our possessions. (Psalm 24:1, 1 Cor. 6:19-20)
- The first fruits of all that we receive belongs to God. We take the first part of our income and invest it in the Kingdom of God. (Prov 3:9-10)
- What wespend money on shows where our heart is. (Matt 6:21)
- We are to be joyful in generosity (2 Cor. 9:6-7). We are most like God when we are giving, not taking, for God delights to give good gifts.
- We can never out give God. God meets our needs as we are generous to invest out resources in the lives of others. (Matt 6:33)
- The tithe is the starting point of giving in the Old Testament (Leviticus 27: 30 – 31, Mal. 3:8, 10) We use the nine tenths of what we have, but the one tenth belongs to God, which we should give back to Him.
- New Testament giving often went far beyond the tithe. (Acts 4:32-35)
The only way to invest our finances to get an eternal reward is to invest in helping people enter eternity. Then they will thank us when we get to heaven. Everything else will be left behind when we leave this world and enter eternity.
What are you presently investing in the Kingdom of God?
What would be the next step in growing in generosity?
Each time we meet, we will set GROW GOALS to apply God’s Word.
Today’s goal is to immediately respond to God’s call to be His ambassador,
pray for God’s Kingdom to grow, and be a blessing to others by:
(1) leading people to believe in Jesus & what He promises to do for them,
(2) starting groups to help people grow (at your home, school or work place).
Pray and ask God who He wants you to share the gospel with this week. Each week we’ll set GO GOALS of who we plan to go tell (train) what we’ve learned.