You are a Christian, a child of God, a member of God’s family, the church, a blessed people. You can pray directly to God and have fellowship with him at any time and hear from God. You can spread the gospel and teach others the blessing of obeying all of His ways, so they can experience the goodness of God and they can teach even more people about the good news of salvation.
Who did you meet with this past week and what promises and commands in God’s Word are you helping them to believe and obey?
What are Christians called to be?
2 Corinthians 5:17-21
Your Identity: What are you? (v.17)
What ministry and message have you been given? (vs. 18-20) How? (v.21)
Matthew 4:19 – Jesus said if you follow me, I will make you into a fisher of men. Why is this so important to Jesus? (Matthew 7:13-14)
Luke 5:1-11 What does Jesus ask Peter to do? Does Peter feel like doing it?
When does God work through Peter to bring results? What qualifications do you need to be effective? John 4
John 14:15-17 Does understanding come before or after obedience?
Anyone who has faith will do what Jesus was doing (John 14:12),
God answers prayer when we are doing what Jesus was doing (John 14:13-14)
and Jesus lives in us enables us to do what he was doing (John 14:20).
Mark 4:26-29 What are seven things we see happening in Kingdom growth?
What can we control?
Do you know how to share the gospel message?
· Who will I go to? (Your Ministry)
- Pray of opportunities: Colossians 4:2-6
- Develop an Oikos map:
- Who are 2-5 people I can share with this week?
· What will I say? (Your Message)
- Telling your story of how Jesus has changed your life (Brokenness before Jesus, Meeting Jesus, How Jesus changed you)
- Transition question: Do you have a story like that?
Has anyone ever explained the Gospel (God’s Story) to you? (Romans 6:23)
- Do you believe Jesus died to completely forgive your sins?
- Do you want to turn from sin and pursue God’s design for your life?
Each time we meet, we will set GROW GOALS to apply God’s Word.
Today’s goal is to immediately respond to God’s call to be His ambassador,
pray for God’s Kingdom to grow, and be a blessing to others by:
(1) leading people to believe in Jesus & what He promises to do for them,
(2) starting groups to help people grow (at your home, school or work place).
Pray and ask God who He wants you to share the gospel with this week. Each week we’ll set GO GOALS of who we plan to go tell (train) what we’ve learned.